WORD OF CAUTION: Dr. Best does not endorse this cleanse. Dr. Best has done 10 master cleanses and feels that it can cause depletion of mineral stores in the body which is contrary to what Stanley Burroughs talks about in his book. It also should not be done for weight loss has most people rebound very very quickly after this cleanse.
· to dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that has formed in any part of the body.
· to cleanse the kidneys and digestive system.
· to purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
· to eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
· to relieve pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
· to build a healthy blood stream.
· to keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years.
To Use It
· when sickness has developed.
· when the digestive system needs a rest and a cleansing.
· when obesity has become a problem.
· when better assimilation and building of body tissues is needed.
Follow the diet for a minimum of 10 days or more - up to 40 days and beyond may be safely followed for extremely serious cases. The diet has all the nutrition needed during this time. Three to four times a year will do wonders for keeping the body in a normal healthy condition. The diet may be undertaken more frequently for serious conditions.
How To Make It
· 2 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice (approx. ½ lemon)
· 2 Tbsp. genuine maple syrup (not maple flavored sugar syrup)*
· 1/10 Tsp. cayenne pepper (red pepper) to taste
· water to fill 10 oz. glass - medium hot (spring or purified water)
Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz. glass and fill with medium hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred.)
Use fresh lemons or limes only, never canned lemon or lime juice nor frozen lemonade or frozen juice. Use organic lemons when possible.
How Much To Drink
· It varies on body weight - that having been said, you should drink it through out the day - you shouldn't feel hungry, whenever you do feel hungry make sure you have some mixture to drink. Most people will drink approximately 8 to 10 ten ounce glasses a day. You should also be drinking purified water. I personally like Trinity water as it is the most alkaline water I have tested. Many of the bottle waters are actually acidic despite their label claims - you can test it with pH paper.
· You can vary the maple syrup by reducing it a bit if you want to loose more weight. For example, if you drink approximately 8 ten oz. glasses per day - (you 2 tbsp syrup and 2 tbsp lemon in each) - that's 1 cup of grade B maple syrup equals 800 calories, plus the calories from the lemon juice (20 calories per medium lemon).
* The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugar and must be used, not some "substitute". There are three grades of maple syrup. Grade A is the first run - mild in taste, and with fewer minerals than the other grades. Grade B is the second run with more minerals plus more maple taste. It is more suitable for the diet and less expensive. Grade C is the third run with even more minerals and still stronger taste of maple and slightly less pleasant for most people, although acceptable in the diet. It is lower in price. As Grade C is less expensive it can be used as an excellent sweetening agent in preparing foods. The strong maple flavor blends very well. The maple syrup has a large variety of minerals and vitamins. Naturally the mineral and vitamin content will vary according to the area where the trees grow and the mineral content in the soil. These are the minerals found in average samples of syrup from Vermont: Sodium; Potassium; Calcium; Magnesium; Manganese; Iron; copper; Phosphorus; Sulfur; Chlorine and Silicon. Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, nicotinic acid and Pantothenic acid are also present in the syrup. Some uniformed operators of the sugaring of the maple syrup do use formaldehyde pellets, run through polyethylene tubing but there are many more that don't. Search out and demand the kind not using formaldehyde.
Physical healing can also take place on many levels and many different modalities.
Dr. Best began his journey using Reiki and then moved into deep tissue neuromuscular reeducation. After becoming proficient in those areas, Dr. Best became a chiropractor. During his education he also studied Applied Kinesiology (AK) through the ICAK, as he had been helped directly from AK with his own back injuries, having broken his back at the age of 16.
Dr. Best found chiropractic and AK to be the fastest way to help heal physical disturbances in the body. Dr. Best is not your standard chiropractor only manipulating the spine for 5 minutes. Dr. Best utilizes his tools with soft tissue, muscle integration and balancing the muscular and nervous systems. The idea is that muscles move bones and integrating AK with physical adjustments allows the body to maintain its corrections.
Chiropractic adjustments don't have to hurt; in fact they shouldn't. There is no need to create more physical stress when releasing the chronic stress from the body. In some cases people are highly sensitive to touch, in these cases Dr. Best uses low force adjusting techniques like Activator, DNFT and respiratory corrections.
Ignoring the nutritional component in healing can prolong the time frame in which the body heals.
Dr. Best is highly skilled at finding what nutritional deficiencies may be creating or holding on to dysfunction in the body. The cells of the body need the proper balance of nutrients and alkalinity to heal properly.
Certain foods can be inflammatory to your system and may be the underlying culprit to a chronic injury. Dr. Best utilizes and non-inflammatory diet in weight loss protocols, but also where chronic inflammation is a problem in a patient's recovery.
Dr. Best also offer Allcat testing for an in depth look at inflammatory foods.
I found the best illustration of what explains the process in many forms of energy healing was the movie "What The Bleep Do We Know" , as it shows how the mere observation and intent of observer influences the behavior of the atomic structures and molecules. Light was observed to change its nature from a wave to a particle form just by being observed.
In Emoto's work "Messages from Water" we see how the physical structure is water at the molecular level is changed to form different crystal patterns based on intention and the vibration that is carried in words. This has huge relevance in our lives since we are more than 70% water and up to 90% water in the brain; in other words, if we are speaking degrading statements to ourselves we are affecting our own structure. Meditation and prayer also had a PROFOUND effect on the structure of the water.
When it comes to energy healing modalities some common sense still needs to be applied, because we are more than just 'light' energy bodies. We are also composed of denser frequencies of earth minerals which means that we may need healing with more than just 'light' energy, we may need minerals, herbs, medicine, surgery, exercise and chiropractic.